RADIO Kerry has been nominated for six IMRO National Radio Awards which recognise the best in Irish radio and include local, national and regional stations in the 32 counties.
The gala awards ceremony will take place on Friday, October 4 at the Lyrath Estate Hotel in Kilkenny.
This year’s nominations are in the following categories:
* News Story: When Mistakes Cost Lives – the station’s coverage of the scan scandal at University Hospital Kerry
* Short Feature: Cluas Chiarrai
* Live from the Past: Joe McGill
* Digital and Social Innovation: Cluas Chiarrai
* Local Sports Broadcaster of the Year: Tim Moynihan
* Local Speech Broadcaster of the Year: Jerry O’Sullivan
Radio Kerry’s General Manager, Fiona Stack, said the nominations are a credit to the Kerry team members involved in putting both the programmes and the submissions together as well as an acknowledgement by peers in the radio industry of the quality programming being produced.
112 nominations have been received by Radio Kerry since 2005 and the station has been awarded 48 awards.
© KillarneyToday.com is the 24/7 online news service provided by O’Mahony Media
Advertise to grow your business: Over 310,000 views every month. Over 21,000 followers on Facebook. Call 087-2229761