OMM

Hotel incident a minor matter

Malton Hotel: small appliance caught fire
Malton Hotel: small appliance caught fire

GUESTS at a Killarney town centre hotel were evacuated last night, merely as a precautionary measure, when a minor fire incident occurred in the kitchen.

Two units of Killarney Fire Service attended the Malton Hotel after a call-out was received close to 10.00pm that a kitchen appliance had caught fire.

The firefighters were quickly at the scene by which time hotel staff already had the matter under control.

Guests were evacuated, in a very orderly and calm manner, in accordance with the hotel’s safety policy.

It is understood that business resumed as normal within an hour and the kitchen was fully operational.

KillarneyToday.com: it’s the talk of the town