THE people of Kerry have been invited to participate in and avail of a programme of events and initiatives being rolled out across the county as part of a national Keep Well campaign
Kerry County Council will be providing information online about keeping well during the coronavirus pandemic and promoting several health and wellbeing initiatives planned and delivered in close collaboration with other local agencies.
The campaign highlights the important role that individual and community resilience will play in contributing to the ongoing response to Covid-19 and it is aimed at showing people of all ages how they can mind their own physical and mental health and wellbeing by adding healthy and helpful habits to their daily and weekly routines.
The campaign encourages five key ways to wellbeing:
- Keeping active and being outdoors: Even during the winter, it is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Staying connected: Keeping in touch with people and addressing isolation as person-to-person connection is important.
- Switching off and being creative: Learn something new, get back to nature and find ways to relax to help general wellbeing.
- Eating well: By nourishing body and mind you can positively impact your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Managing your mood: Equipping people with information on where to go if they need support
The campaign involves interagency projects with many of the council’s existing services and departments including Kerry Libraries, Kerry County Council Arts Office, Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership, Healthy Kerry, Kerry County Council’s Community Unit, Kerry County Museum and the Kerry Public Participation Network.
A Kerry calendar has been created to capture and share information about events over the coming months and is available on the Tockify platform at tockify.com/kerryevents. Information will also be available on the council website and social media platforms.
Today’s News Today: The No 1 news service provider of choice for thousands of locals. Don’t just take our word for it – ask anybody. To advertise call 087-2229761